Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall leaves, fried biscuits and $2.69 a gallon!


As I sit in the airport enjoying my last few minutes in Indiana, I feel compelled to write down the highlights on my trip here. It didn't even dawn on me that I would be here to watch the leaves change colors. To most people in the country this is something they see every year, well not me. Palm trees aren't to hip to the seasons and well we never get cold enough to enjoy the orange, yellow and falling leaves. I am truly my moms daughter.

About 25 years ago my parents loaded my sister and I on a plane to go see the leaves change in New England. At that age I could've cared less, but now it is so awesome.

One of the greatest things about Indiana ... FRIED BISCUITS! Yes, you heard it right. I enjoyed some midwestern friedness yesterday. While working at IUPUI I was able to sink my teeth into the culinary delight. O.M.G. I wish I would have had a camera with me. Thank God I don't live here because I would fear for my own heart.

Last highlight - Last night I had to fill up my rental car so I didn't have to do it at 5:45am. It was only $2.69 a freakin' gallon. I can't remember the last time I even saw gas in the $2.00 range! Chances are these prices will never make their way back to us, but it sure was nice.

Minus all the McCain signs and the visit from Sarah Palin today, Indiana gets a thumbs up from me!

No comments: