Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey Trotting!

Tomorrow the hus and I are Turkey Trotting in Oceanside! I have wanted to run this race for a few years now but we are always up north. This year we aren't heading to Ventura until the late morning so that means we have time to Trot our little hearts out! Yes, we are leaving our house at 6:40am for this race. I probably should be taking bets as to whether the hus will actually get out of bed.

This afternoon I picked up our registration packets, bib numbers and the best part the T-SHIRT! The new clothing is my favorite part of any race.
I'll try to post pics of the race. They should be fun, funny and probably pretty bad.
So how have I spent my Thanksgiving Eve you ask, well I baked of course. Since 5pm I have made Pumpkin Gingerbread, Banana Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and the best Dill crackers ever. Crap, I need to run this stupid race just to work off all the tastings I might have done while baking!
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Jen Sano said...

Good for you! YAY! We were supposed to run our local Turkey Trot...but I was too snug and warm to get up and run in the sludge! You rock! Ü

Anonymous said...

go Shefferd's go!

(this comment also serves as a reminder that I need the dill cracker recipe)