Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Okay, so it was a Monday Dinner

We are bringing back the special dinner of the week segment on the blog! Normally it is a Sunday dinner, but since we were gone three days and were exhausted we had crap in a can for dinner on Sunday night. Not much for the picture takin'/blog postin' Sunday dinner.

Instead, this week I feature the Monday dinner. Yep, there it is above. We had Veggie Stew with a little Sheff twist. The recipe came from a blog I just discovered and I llloooovvvveee it ... the blog, the recipe and the Christmas ornaments (pics and post to come) I am going to make.

This awesome soup had spinach, pinto beans (with jalapenos to delight the husband), couscous, diced tomatoes (I used rotel for extra spice), zucchini, garlic (extra for the hus), corn, wine and elbow macaroni. Damn, was it good. It was even better for lunch this afternoon. The hus gave it 9 out of 10 stars which is A LOT coming from him. Please don't tell him I found the recipe on a vegan website, he would freak!

1 comment:

Journal of a ____ said...

Yum! Looks delicious.

Still no pictures from Ryan! I will send them as soon as I get them.

What's your schedule like Feb 27-Mar 2? I want to get together while I am in CA.

L