Sunday, July 27, 2008

City to Sea ... 13.1 miles is really freakin' far!

Alright I am publicly making a commitment to run the City to Sea 1/2 Marathon in October. I've told a few people about this, but I have been wavering until I completed my 4.5 mile run today.

I know that 4.5 is far short of the 13.1 I will be running in October, but a girl has to start somewhere. This morning Denis and I ran along the coast in Carlsbad. It was nice and cool and I did a lot better than I thought I would. Other than the fact that I thought I was starting to get a migraine on the way home. Denis and I have been napping on the couch for the better part of 3 hours. This running thing isn't that bad after all.

Isn't it a little ironic that the only endurance races I have done are in San Luis Obispo?

Okay Jen - I am throwing my running shoes into the ring. See you in SLO on October 12th!

1 comment:

Jen Sano said...

Woo-Hoo!! You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other!